We have two categories of members: full membership and associate membership.
Full Membership (voting member)
This is available to any woman over 18 years old who:
1. Lives or works in the South East Wales area.
2. Demonstrates commitment to the Aims and Principles of NWA.
3. Former service users who have not accessed NWA services for two years.
4. Former paid employees or volunteers who have left NWA for a year.
Benefits of Full Membership
• Attend and vote on important issues or resolutions at the A.G.M.
• Opportunity to be elected as a Director on the Board of Trustees.
• Contribute to the overall strategy, and future plans of the organisation.
• Receive and contribute to newsletters and information sheets.
• Take part in networking and partnership events.
• Opportunity to learn new skills and develop knowledge.
• Share expertise and advice, when needed.
• Opportunity to propose and discuss relevant issues which may impact on NWA.
Full Membership Fee
£10 per annum; Free to individuals who are in receipt of state benefits.
Associate Membership (non voting member)
This is available to:
1. Any female over the age of 18 who lives outside the South East Wales area. 2. Organisations from the voluntary and public sector, community groups and businesses. 3. Young women between the age of 16 – 18 years.
All of whom demonstrate a commitment to the Aims and Principles of Newport Women’s Aid.
Benefits of Associate Membership
. Attend A.G.M. in a non-voting capacity. . Attend and take part in networking and partnership events. . Receive a newsletter, and information sheets. . Give advice and share expertise, when needed. . Opportunity to share and learn skills.
Associate members Fee
Individuals £5 per annum; Free to young women 16 – 18 years. Organisations with an income of less than £10,000 per annum £25. Organisations with an income of £10,001 and over per annum £50.
The membership year runs from 1st April to 31st March. If you are interested in joining please request a membership application form.